The flavor and texture of pepper steak with tomatoes make it a favorite Chinese-American cuisine. The dish typically consists of tender strips of beef, crisp bell peppers, and juicy tomatoes, all cooked together in a savory sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. While there are variations (with flavors) of the Recipe For Pepper Steak With Tomatoes, we wanted to create a unique version that combines the best.
So, let’s get into the details.
Why Try Recipe For Pepper Steak With Tomatoes
A wonderful and nutritious recipe that is simple to assemble and versatile for a range of dietary needs and tastes is pepper steak with tomatoes. Here are some justifications for why you ought to try this recipe:
Delicious and satisfying
Many people enjoy pepper steak with tomatoes because of its rich and savory flavors. The tender flank steak, combined with the sweet and tangy taste of the tomatoes and bell peppers, creates a satisfying and delicious meal that is sure to please your taste buds.
Additionally, this meal is brimming with nutrients that are vital for excellent health. While bell peppers and onions are inexpensive in calories and abundant in vitamins and minerals, flank steak is tender and rich in protein and iron. Lycopene, an antioxidant that may lower your chance of contracting some diseases, may be found in abundance in canned tomatoes.
This recipe is flexible and may be changed to accommodate various dietary requirements and tastes. For example, you can substitute the flank steak with tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian or vegan version or use tamari instead of soy sauce for a gluten-free option. To suit your tastes in heat, you may, likewise, adjust the number of red pepper flakes.
Easy to make
With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow directions, this Recipe For Pepper Steak With Tomatoes is an excellent choice for hectic weeknights or when you need to prepare a quick and delicious supper.
It is clear that if you combine the best features of each recipe, then you can create a unique version of pepper steak with tomatoes that is sure to impress. However, you can also experiment with your own variations by adding different spices or ingredients to make it your own.
Our Unique Recipe for Pepper Steak with Tomatoes
Our recipe includes flank steak, bell peppers, onions, canned tomatoes, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, beef broth, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes. The steps involved in preparing the recipe are as follows:
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Whisk together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and Worcestershire sauce. Add chili flakes to a large mixing basin. Marinate the cut flank steak for 30 minutes.
- To make a slurry, mix together beef broth and cornflour in a small bowl. Place aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated steak and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- The skillet should be filled with sliced bell peppers and onion, which should be cooked for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Simmer the skillet with the added canned tomatoes. When the sauce starts to thicken, add beef broth slurry to the skillet and stir.
- Bring the cooked steak back to the skillet and mix it with the sauce to coat.
- The pepper steak and tomatoes may be used as a filling for wraps or sandwiches, on a bed of rice or noodles, and accompanied by a side of steamed veggies.
Nutritional Benefits and Serving Suggestions
This dish, which calls for pepper steak and tomatoes, is not only tasty but also wholesome. Bell peppers and onions are low in calories and abundant in vitamins and minerals, while flank steak is a lean beef cut rich in protein and iron. Lycopene, an antioxidant that may lower your chance of contracting some diseases, may be found in abundance in canned tomatoes.
To serve the Recipe For Pepper Steak With Tomatoes, we suggest pairing it with a side of steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or carrots, to add more nutrients to your meal. Moreover, it may be utilized as a filler for wraps or sandwiches for a quick and simple lunch or on top of a bed of rice or noodles for a hearty supper.
Variations and Adaptations
Our recipe for pepper steak with tomatoes is adaptable and may be tailored to different dietary needs and preferences. Here are some suggestions for variations:
- Vegetarian or Vegan: Tofu or tempeh can be used in place of the flank steak for a vegetarian or vegan option.
- To make a gluten-free recipe, swap out the soy sauce with tamari.
- Use low-sodium soy sauce and cut back on the sweetness in the pepper steak with tomato recipe for a healthier alternative.
- Spicier: Add more red pepper flakes or use a spicier variety of pepper for a spicier version.
- Different cuisines: Add curry powder or coconut milk for a Thai-inspired twist, or use salsa or cumin for a Mexican-inspired flavor.
Pepper steak with tomatoes is a tasty and nutritious recipe that is simple to prepare and can be tailored to different dietary needs and tastes. By combining the best features of each Recipe For Pepper Steak With Tomatoes, we have created a unique version that is sure to impress.
No matter how you want to serve it—over rice or noodles, as a filling for wraps or sandwiches, or in any other way—you may serve it with steamed veggies; this recipe for pepper steak with tomatoes is sure to become a family favorite. So go ahead and give our recipe a try, and don’t forget to make any necessary modifications!
Learn more: Are Pickles Good for You?