Stuffed shells with ricotta cheese is a classic Italian dish that has been popular for generations. It is a dish that can be made in many different ways with various ingredients. Its versatility allows it to be enjoyed by a variety of palates. In this post, we’ll provide you with a thorough primer for making stuffed shells with ricotta cheese, including an overview of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, variations on the recipe, and tips for serving and storage.
Benefits of Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese
Stuffed shells with ricotta cheese are not only a delicious dish but also offer several health benefits. Here are some benefits of including stuffed shells with ricotta cheese in your diet:
- High in Protein: Ricotta cheese is a great source of protein, which is necessary for our body’s tissues to grow and heal. In order to maintain strong bones, muscles, and skin, protein is also essential.
- Calcium-rich: Ricotta cheese contains a lot of calcium, which is necessary for robust bone and tooth development and maintenance. The risk of osteoporosis, a disorder that weakens bones and makes patients more prone to fractures, can also be decreased by eating calcium-rich foods like ricotta cheese.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Studies have shown that consuming ricotta cheese may help lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood, reducing the risk of heart disease. This is because ricotta cheese is low in fat and calories compared to other types of cheese.
- The recipe for stuffed shells with ricotta cheese is a good source of minerals as well as vitamins, including potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A, and vitamin D. These vitamins and minerals support good eyesight, a strong immune system, and blood pressure control.
- Versatile and Easy to Prepare: Stuffed shells with ricotta cheese can be made in many different ways, using a variety of ingredients, making it a versatile and easy-to-prepare dish. This makes it a great option for busy individuals who want to enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Overview of Ingredients
To make stuffed shells with ricotta cheese, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pasta shells are the main ingredient in this dish. It is important to select jumbo pasta shells that are not broken, as they will be filled with the ricotta cheese mixture. Ricotta cheese is the key ingredient in the filling, providing the dish with a creamy and smooth texture. It is important to use high-quality ricotta cheese for the best flavor for Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese.
Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese are used to give the dish a cheesy flavor. Fresh herbs such as parsley and basil add flavor and freshness to the dish, while garlic provides a pungent taste that enhances the other flavors.
Step-by-Step Instructions: Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Jumbo pasta shells should be cooked as directed on the package until they are al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Drain the pasta shells and rinse them under cold water to cool them down.
- Stuff each pasta shell with the ricotta cheese mixture using a spoon.
- Place the stuffed shells in a baking dish.
- Bake the dish for 25 minutes with the foil covering.
- When the cheese is melted and bubbling, remove the cover and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Variations on the Recipe
Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese can be made in many different variations. Here are a few ideas:
Meaty Stuffed Shells
Add cooked ground beef or sausage to the ricotta cheese mixture for a meaty variation.
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Add chopped cooked spinach to the ricotta cheese mixture for a vegetarian option.
Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Top the stuffed shells with Alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce for a creamy and indulgent variation.
Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
Add cooked chicken and broccoli to the ricotta cheese mixture for a flavorful and nutritious option.
Tips for Serving and Storage
Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese is best served hot out of the oven. However, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat leftovers, place them in a baking dish and cover them with foil. Bake until well heated at 350°F.
When serving stuffed shells with ricotta cheese, consider pairing them with a salad or garlic bread for a complete meal. They work well as a side dish for a bigger Italian meal as well.
Stuffed shells with ricotta cheese are a classic Italian dish that is loved by many. By following our comprehensive guide to making Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese, you can enjoy this delicious and versatile dish in the comfort of your own home. Remember to experiment with different variations to find the one that suits your taste preferences, and don’t be afraid to add your own personal touch to the recipe.
Stuffed shells with ricotta cheese are also a great option for meal prepping or for serving a large crowd. They can be assembled ahead of time and baked when ready, making them a convenient and stress-free option for entertaining.
In conclusion, ricotta cheese-stuffed shells are a traditional Italian meal that is simple to prepare, adaptable, and delectable. You may make this recipe your own and dazzle your loved ones with your culinary prowess if you have the correct materials and a little imagination. Stuffed Shells Recipe With Ricotta Cheese is a must-try recipe that will sate your need for a hearty and savory supper whether you’re an experienced cook or a kitchen novice.